Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday & The Barack Obama Song



Well, I put together this latest video yesterday. I was home recovering from the Pats' loss to the valiant New York Giants. Congrats to those guys.

Anyway, this video isn't endorsing Obama, although I admit I did vote for him today in the California Primary. Moreso, it's a bit of a commentary on all of the other Internet sketches run amok about the Senator from Illinois. Funny thing is, the idea for the song came to me about March 2007. I recorded the music not long after and never got around to shooting anything for it until about November. Then I edited it yesterday. (Goes to show you where this was on my priority list).

Anyway, good luck to Senator Barack Obama today, and cheer up Pats fans. Spring Training for the Sox starts in ten days.

-Bobby J.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no offence dude, but this is clearly a cruder, less amusing version of obama girl (shes f#ing sexy) and theres no way you actually created it in 2007 like you claim...im surprised so many websites actually played this thing (i found your site on stupidvideos and was very inclined to come here just to write this comment)

Unknown said...

I agree with you on one thing - Obama girl is far more popular and the girl is far better looking than me.

I am not lying about when I wrote the song, however. I had a feeling that Obama was going to be a target for online comedy because of his potential legitimacy as a candidate. I even remember where I was when the diddy popped in my head. I was in a Ralph's grocery store in Orange County drinking a coffee with my laptop while I waited for my pal Marty to teach a video class at a high school. It was a Saturday. The original lyrics had "Joe Biden says he's clean" instead of "one time ate a kid" because at the time, that comment from Biden was making news on a show I like a lot, Bill Maher's Real Time on HBO.

I remember when Obama Girl came out and I was like, "Damn. I knew I should've done this sooner." Still, she's super-hot, so that helps the views too.

I respect your opinion on the song, but don't call me a liar. I have no reason to be. Kevin and I are busy videomakers and we have other stuff on our plate (like jobs). This just got pushed for a long time. For the most part, people seem to like it.

-Bobby J.